19 April 2012

Nail Art Brushes

On the last post I said that I received my new nail art brushes in the mail. With a very sparse photo of them. In this post I'll show you some more images of them up close.

So here they are in their little sleeve of packaging.


They're nice and secure in there, can't lose them!


Here they all are out of the main packaging, but they do have a tube of plastic protecting the tips on the ends (apart from the fan shaped brushes).

I split the brushes up and tried to match the ends to each other to categorise them a little bit. The first type of brush heads we have are the flat heads.


There are four of this type in various widths. A tip after painting your nails I've heard these brushes are good for is going around the edges of your nails with nail polish remover on to tidy up any messes you've made. I'm looking forward to using these for that! I suppose they could also be good for doing lines in nail art or colouring in a larger surface area on your nails.

Long brush tips.


There are three long brush tips in the package too. I've heard these are good for painting straight lines, but they look a little difficult to do that! It would be interesting to give these a try and see how straight the lines are! The shorter one looks easier to use.

Fan brushes and pointer.


There are two fan brushes and a metal pointer in the package. I'm not sure how you would use the fan brushes in nail art. Maybe you could do a special effect with them, I'm not sure. And the metal pointer would be good for doing dots.

Angled brushes.


There are two small angled brushes in the package. These would probably be good for any detail that you needed to do in your nail art. The slight point at the end could do dots or small details.

Small pointy brushes.


There are three of these small bristled brushes in the package, and one has a slight bend at the end of the tip for more precision. These brushes would also be good for smaller details.

One of the pointy brushes' handle was smaller and stubbier than the rest of them. Here it is next to one of the other ones so you can tell the size difference.


Looks like quite a comfortable handle to hold while doing some detail on your nail art.

And here's a close up of the bended brush.


In the next few weeks I'll be trying out these brushes on varies different nail arts. I just need to wait for my nails to grow back again!

That's all for now. I hope I was informative enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment